Dear Beit Sefer Families,
While Purim has passed, I am still enjoying the afterglow of seeing our students taking ownership of their booths and enjoying the Purim atmosphere. I would love to share with you some thoughts about Esther, about this upcoming Torah portion, but I think it is important to use this space to thank all the people who participated and to show you how everyone collaborated to make this special event.
- Thank you to each classroom teacher and team of madrichim who worked with the classes to prepare a booth.
- Thank you to Stephanie or organized the supplies, replenished and helped with the nitty-gritty details!
- Thank you to Art, Eddie and Steve for the set up and room arrangement details.
- Thank you to the Brotherhood for the BBQ and adjusting the timing.
- Thank you to Deborah Kummerman for running the tickets table again this year.
- Thank you to Michelle Benitez and Anat Levi for filling in where needed as we finalized details this morning.
- Thank you to the Rabbi and Cantor for facilitating our Purim Spiel and assembly, and for the cast of the Purim spiel: Michael Baron, Sammy Seid, Heather Hoopes, Ilana Cohen, Florencia Abergel, Jeremy Schiff, Maggie Latham, Kyle Duckering, Josh Bloch, Adam Slifkin, Michelle Villa, and Rachelle Stark.
- Thank you to all the parents who donated supplies, helped run booths, who bought tickets, wristbands, Jamba Juice and who took home goldfish!
I find it to be very satisfying and meaningful knowing how many people in our community contributed to making this day happen. In addition to all the people on this email who gave time and energy, each child and family spent at least 20 minutes running a booth.
It really is a communal and collaborate effort.
Let’s carry that communal energy forward with us as we prepare for Passover (only four weeks away!)