CELEBRATE YOUR UNFORGETTABLE MOMENTS
BE PART OF A KEHILLAH KEDOSHAH (HOLY COMMUNITY)
CONNECT WITH ISRAEL FROM A RANGE OF PERSPECTIVES
HONOR YOUR HERITAGE
KEEP THE FLAME BURNING BRIGHTLY
INSPIRE A NEW GENERATION
ENSURE THE JEWISH FUTURE
HEED THE CALL
ENGAGE IN THE REPAIR OF OUR WORLD
ADD YOUR VOICE
WELCOME TO TEMPLE BETH ISRAEL
Temple Beth Israel is a warm, dynamic Reform Synagogue of over 400 families that serves the Pomona and San Gabriel Valleys of Southern California, approx. 35 miles east of downtown Los Angeles. At TBI you will find a community that celebrates Jewish tradition, kindles spiritual fulfillment, values Jewish study in all its variety, and vigorously participates in social justice.
Please join us! Jews in all their diversity, including families, singles, couples, interfaith families, the LGBT community, and people with special needs are all welcome at TBI.
TBI Online Events Update
Erev Shabbat and other congregational gatherings will resume as of Friday evening, October 22, 2021. Sanctuary attendees must be fully vaccinated and remain masked while indoors. Read our complete guidelines here.
– Jewish Ethics with Rabbi Kupetz on Zoom @7pm. on AJL Zoom.
– Jewish Book Festival event. See below.
Wednesday , 12/1
– Judaica Shop – Browse and Shop 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (LEARN MORE) (please link to info below)
– JCS@TBI @ 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. virtual only.
– Zoom Siyyum @ 6:45 p.m. Also on the TBI Facebook page and YouTube.
– Israel Bookshelf with Gary Gilbert @ 7:15 p.m. (see more info at right)
– Chanukah Family Shabbat Service with Sufganiot Oneg @ 6:30 p.m. in-person in the sanctuary and on TBI Facebook page. Designed for families with children grade 2 and younger. (see more info at right)
– Chanukah Candle Lighting/Erev Shabbat Service with Sufganiot Oneg @ 7:30 p.m. in-person in the sanctuary and also on TBI Facebook page and YouTube. Sanctuary attendees must be fully vaccinated and remain masked while indoors. Specific guidelines have been forwarded to TBI members via email and are available on our website. (see more info at right)
– Torah Study, via Zoom, led by Mikey Rhein, @9:30-11:00am every Saturday morning. Please contact Mikey Rhein if you would like to join the Torah Study, or would just like the commentary and questions that are sent out every Thursday.
– Zoom Siyyum with Havdalah @6:45 p.m. on TBI Facebook page and You Tube.
– JCS@TBI @ 9 am.
– Brotherhood Monthly Meeting in-person at TBI and on Zoom @ 9:30 a.m.
– Beyond Aleph Bet with Dina Lane @1-2pm.
– Family Shabbat Service @ 6:30 pm on TBI Facebook page and You Tube (best for families w/children).
– Erev Shabbat Service @7:30pm in the sanctuary and also on the TBI Facebook page and YouTube. Sanctuary attendees must be fully vaccinated and remain masked while indoors. Specific guidelines will be forwarded to TBI members via email and are available here.
– “The Bible as a Resource for a Time of Crisis” @ 9am. See details at right and register to participate here.
Torah Study, via Zoom, led by Mikey Rhein, @9:30-11:00am every Saturday morning. Please contact Mikey Rhein if you would like to join the Torah Study, or would just like the commentary and questions that are sent out every Thursday.
– Zoom Siyyum/Havdalah @ 7:30 p.m. on TBI Facebook page and YouTube.
– JCS@TBI. 9am
– Women of TBI gathering at 42nd St. Bagel @ 1 pm.
– Beyond Aleph Bet with Dina Lane @1-2pm.
– Federation Festival of Jewish Music @ 3 p.m. in our Sanctuary and online (see more info at right)
Check out our @TBIPomona Facebook Page where you can get thelatest info and view info about our upcoming Shabbat services and other events held online. Our services are archived on Facebook and YouTube and Streamspot.
PLEASE HELP US “RAISE THE ROOF!”
Please consider supporting our campaign to replace the roof on our synagogue and education buildings. Click here to see a video that illustrates the current condition and here to contribute.
Co-sponsored by TBI.
Click below to register and join 40 other Jewish communities!
Click below for Jewish Music Festival tickets
Nefesh Mountain Tickets Available Online Now! Click below to order.
Our TBI Preschool reopened on August 31, 2020 is now known as the Tree of Life Children’s Center. Our students are playing, learning, and thriving just as they have for over 30 years as we observe the proper guidelines and procedures. Find out how your child can join them for Fall 2021 when we expect to be fully open for all age levels. Info here.
Click here to read the Claremont Courier feature about TLCC
PLEASE NOTE: We want to remind you that all TBI sponsored interactive online events on ZOOM now require a password in order to participate. This does not affect the opportunity to view Zoom gatherings that we share on our regular or preschool Facebook pages or that are streamed on Facebook directly. In addition, all those calling in on their phones and not using the Zoom app will be asked to identify themselves by a host. We also now require that anyone joining on Zoom through a computer or app, whether you have activated a camera or not, must identify themselves clearly with their name displayed. Those wishing to join Zoom events by cellphone or landline without using an app or program can still do so, but must request password prior to accessing by an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.We look forward to sharing the events above with you and your family.
Did you know that you can support TBI through our Scrip program? Scrip is available for hundreds of merchants, for things you buy everyday, and it costs you $0 to participate. It’s particularly useful in times such as these when we are doing a lot of shopping remotely. We can also arrange for your scrip to be delivered to you! And, it’s great for gift giving too! Download the form here. You can also pay for your Scrip online here where you can also make other financial contributions to support our community.