TBI is an active participant in interfaith activities in the San Gabriel and Pomona Valleys and surrounding areas.
Our clergy and lay leadership are involved with many organizations that promote interfaith understanding and respect. These include:
- Claremont Interfaith Council (Rabbi Kupetz is the current Co-President and Cantor Buch is a Past President)
- Upland Interfaith Council
- Inland Valley Interfaith Working Group
- Claremont Canopy (refugee engagement and resettlement)
- Interfaith Collaboration on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Parliament of the World Religions (Cantor Buch is a delegate in both 2018 and 2015).
We also maintain an over 40 year tradition of an Interfaith Exchange with our neighbors at Claremont Presbyterian Church, during which we share learning and religious services, generally occurring in late January and early February each year.